Your first task after being booked for driving under influence in Texas is to find a reliable DWI attorneys Houston service. The officers may put you under series of tests for checking your blood alcohol content. The first step is the field sobriety test. This is normally done with the help of a breath tester. Then they may put you for blood tests to verify the alcohol or drug content. You need to contact your attorney before you make any statement to the police or the law enforcement officers.
When to Contact DWI Attorneys Houston
- If the officers feel it is a minor offense like traffic violation, wrong driving or others, they may book you for the offense. You may need to appear at the court on a specific date and face traffic violation charges.
- If you refuse to take the field tests, the officers may be forced to arrest you and take you to the nearest station. There you might be forced to go though the tests. So the recommended way is to accept the tests on field and avoid making any statements (which could be / will be used against you). If you take the breath test and fail, you may still be taken to the station for testing of drugs content in your blood. This may be followed by urination test.
- Even after taking the tests and clearing them, you may be arrested and taken to the station for drug testing in blood and urine. This depends on the officers who take your breath test.
Ina any of the above instances you need to contact the DWI attorneys Houston. Brief them about the complete incident. One of the attorneys will now approach the neutral magistrate within 48 hours of your arrest. There he will present your case and appeal for bail. This can be granted by the magistrate after referring to the clauses of DWI. But you still need to appear for trials. One of the DWI attorneys Houston will take up your case and prepare the documents and statutory papers required for the trials.
Find the best DUI Lawyers in Texas
If you are serious about avoiding penalty, loss of license and probable imprisonment, you need to find the best DUI lawyers in Texas. One of them will be able to find the most appropriate legal methods to take you out on bail and reduce your penalties and dismiss license suspension term.
- If you have caused any physical injury or property damage, the probability of escaping the three inevitabilities could be harder.
- If your offense is a repeated one also, your best DUI lawyers in Texas will be able to reduce only the penalty or the imprisonment. Protecting your license could be tough, but not impossible.
Driving Safely In Houston
The best method to drive safely in Texas is to stay sober while driving. Avoid over speeding. Follow the traffic regulations without any sort of deviation. When you are stopped on the road by the police, follow the instructions.